Wisconsin football will take another step toward finalizing its 2018 recruiting class Wednesday with the arrival of National Signing Day. The Badgers already have 19 prospects that signed in December during the early signing period. But there is still a potential spot to be filled in the class.
This post will be updated throughout National Signing Day to reflect any news regarding Badgers targets.
Projected Wisconsin signee on National Signing Day
3-star S Rachad Wildgoose Jr. (Miami)
Rachad Wildgoose Jr., a 5-foot-11, 190-pound safety, announced his commitment to Wisconsin on Wednesday morning during a ceremony at Miami Northwestern (Fla.) High School.
Wildgoose visited Wisconsin’s campus this past weekend after taking official visits to Pittsburgh, UCF and North Carolina State. Wildgoose de-committed from Georgia on Jan. 14 and could be a last-minute steal for the Badgers. He is a 3-star prospect that ranks as the No. 65 safety in the country in the 247Sports composite. The fact Wisconsin was the last school he visited was a positive sign for the Badgers, whose biggest competition was UCF.
Wisconsin recruiting updates, signee tracker for National Signing Day
Some mobile users click here.
Safety Rachad Wildgoose Jr. picked the Badgers on Wednesday morning. The program also received some good news Tuesday night with the addition of preferred walk-on John Torchio (Moraga, Calif.) to the 2018 recruiting class. Torchio, a 6-2, 190-pound athlete, chose Wisconsin over scholarship offers from California, Air Force, Army, Columbia, Dartmouth, Rice, San Diego and San Jose State.
Latest updates on Wisconsin recruiting
Here’s every one of Wisconsin football’s early signees:
- 4-star ILB Jack Sanborn (Lake Zurich, Ill.)
- 3-star WR Aron Cruickshank (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- 3-star DE Boyd Dietzen (Kimberly, Wis.)
- 3-star CB Travian Blaylock (Humble, Texas)
- 3-star CB Donte Burton (Loganville, Ga.)
- 3-star DE Cormac Sampson (Eau Claire, Wis.)
- 3-star S Reggie Pearson Jr. (River Rouge, Mich.)
- 3-star TE Jaylan Franklin (Rockwood, Mich.)
- 3-star RB Nakia Watson (Austin, Texas)
- 3-star DE Isaiah Mullens (Columbus, Ohio)
- 3-star T Michael Furtney (Milan, Mich.)
- 3-star WR Taj Mustapha (West Bloomfield, Mich.)
- 3-star WR Isaac Guerendo (Avon, Ind.)
- 3-star LB Mason Platter (Menomonie, Wis.)
- 3-star DT Bryson Williams (Lincoln, Neb.)
- 3-star LB CJ Goetz (Waukesha, Wis.)
- 3-star CB Alexander Smith (Culver City, Calif.)
- 3-star QB Chase Wolf (Cincinnati)
- 3-star WR A.J. Abbott (West Bloomfield, Mich.)