Wisconsin underclassmen start making NFL decisions; a look ahead to next season
Wisconsin football and basketball are always the main topics in Bucky’s Breakfast, Land of 10’s daily Badgers notebook — but we cover news, notes and analysis across Badgers sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Wisconsin football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Underclassmen start making decisions
As Jason Galloway lays out, Wisconsin’s four potential early enrollees have started making their decisions. Cornerback Nick Nelson is going to the NFL, guard Beau Benzschawel is coming back to school, while linebacker T.J. Edwards and tackle Michael Deiter remain undecided. The deadline to declare for the NFL draft is Jan. 15.
Orange Bowl recap
- The Badgers validated themselves as one of the best teams in the country with their Orange Bowl win, per Jesse Temple.
- Running back Jonathan Taylor’s 2018 Heisman Trophy campaign is already underway.
- Coach Paul Chryst didn’t appear to be a huge fan of Miami’s turnover chain.
- Wisconsin stayed true to what the program is built on with the win over Miami, writes Eric Single of SI.com.
- The Badgers mocked the Hurricanes’ turnover chain during their touchdown celebrations.
- Miami coach Mark Richt apologized for his meltdown near the end of the first half.
- Badgers’ freshman Keldric Preston went viral thanks to the way he ate an orange after the game.
Wisconsin recruiting recap
A look at how the Badgers fared in the month of December on the recruiting trail.
MORE: Want this roundup in your inbox every morning? Sign up here!
A look ahead to 2018
Yes, Wisconsin just capped of its 2017 season, but it’s never too early to look ahead to 2018. Here’s how the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Jeff Potrykus thinks things could play out for the Badgers.
Wisconsin women fall at Purdue
The Badgers women’s basketball team struggled to get much going in an ugly 57-35 loss at Purdue on Sunday.
Miss a previous edition of Bucky’s Breakfast? Get caught up here.