Wisconsin approves contract extension for basketball coach Greg Gard through 2021-22 season
The Wisconsin athletic board has announced contact extensions for six winter and spring head coaches, including basketball’s Greg Gard.
As announced in an official release on Friday, the Badgers extended Gard’s contract through May 31, 2022.
Other Wisconsin coaching extensions:
- Women’s basketball coach Jonathan Tsipis through May 31, 2022.
- Men’s hockey coach Tony Granato through June 30, 2022.
- Women’s hockey coach Mark Johnson through June 30, 2022.
- Wrestling coach Barry Davis through May 31, 2020.
- Men’s and women’s swimming and diving coach Whitney Hite through June 14, 2020.
The 46-year-old Gard has been the Badgers’ coach since taking over for Bo Ryan during the 2015-16 season. He’s led Wisconsin to consecutive Sweet 16 appearances. The Badgers have made four Sweet 16s in a row overall.
Gard is 42-18 (24-12 Big Ten) as Wisconsin’s head coach. The Badgers finished the 2016-17 season with a 27-10 record and reached the Sweet 16 as a No. 8 seed. They upset No. 1 Villanova, the defending national champion, in the second round.