MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst was pleased with the 23-17 win over Nebraska Saturday night.
Even more so with the way his players made it happen.
“The one thing that sticks out is they play for each other,” Chryst said after the game. “And when guys got to step up, they find a way to step up.”
The win bumps the Badgers to 6-2 overall and keeps them in the running for a trip to Indianapolis and the Big Ten Championship game.
Here’s what else Chryst had to say about the victory:
- “I thought the way we finished the game, the run game, was great and made enough plays. I appreciate this group and what they did to give us a chance tonight and then found a way to win.”
- “Dare (Ogunbowale), he came up big. And we haven’t been doing a ton of running out of our three wides and I thought that we had a pretty good plan coming in and the kids executed. I thought that he ran hard and he was decisive and thought it was a big part of getting us going.”
- “We went in and knew that we wanted to play both Bart and Alex at the quarterback spot and as you saw early in the game, knew we wanted to get Bradrick (Shaw) involved.”
- “Moving forward, for us to be the best team we can be, we got to have everyone. I think I need to do a better job with the quarterbacks.”
- “Those picks hurt you, but I also want them to play. I don’t want them playing on edge. We knew we were going to play them all and I’m glad we did.”