ESPN.com’s latest college basketball player efficiency ratings (PER) include a name familiar to Big Ten fans contending for the top spot: Ethan Happ.
The Wisconsin forward places second, at 35.26, behind only John Collins of Wake Forest (36.57). Happ is the first Badgers player to contend for the No. 1 spot in the category since forward Frank Kaminsky, who did so in the 2014-15 season.
Here is the current top 10:
- John Collins, Wake Forest: 36.57
- Ethan Happ, Wisconsin: 35.26
- Jock Landale, St. Mary’s: 34.26
- Zach Collins, Gonzaga: 33.18
- Jordan Washington, Iona: 32.93
- Jacob Wiley, Eastern Washington: 31.82
- Mike Daum, South Dakota State: 31.40
- Sindarius Thornwell, South Carolina: 31.21
- Vladimir Brodziansky, TCU: 31.10
- Eric Mika, BYU: 30.61
Happ, averaging 14.7 points and 9 rebounds per game, will look to increase his numbers against Ohio State at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.