College football fans all across the country became a little bit excited on Thursday.
Well, they should have. Networks such as FOX, ESPN and Big Ten Network announced their television schedules, focusing on the first three weeks of the 2018 season.
For Purdue, the Boilermakers’ official Twitter account sent out a series of photos on Thursday showcasing game-time information for the team’s first six games and television information for the first four.
Note: Purdue opens the season on ESPN with a Big Ten home game against Northwestern on Thursday, Aug. 30.
— Purdue Football (@BoilerFootball) May 31, 2018
Purdue released the following information for these six games:
- Aug. 30 vs. Northwestern: The season and home opener will be televised by ESPN and begin at 8 p.m. ET.
- Sept. 8 vs. Eastern Michigan: The second game of the season, which also is at home, will be televised on BTN and begins at noon.
- Sept. 15 vs. Missouri: The third straight game at home for the Boilermakers will be televised on BTN and kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 22 vs. Boston College: Purdue starts the 2018 season with four straight home games and this one will be broadcasted on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.
- Sept. 29 at Nebraska: The Boilermakers’ matchup against the Cornhuskers to begin road play in the Big Ten and kickoff is set for either 3:30 or 4 p.m.
- Oct. 13 at Illinois: Purdue follows its bye week with a road game against Illinois at either 3:30 or 4 p.m.
The Boilermakers went 7-6 in 2017 with a 4-5 record in Big Ten play. The team was led by first-year coach Jeff Brohm.