Penn State basketball announces 2017-18 nonconference schedule
Penn State men’s basketball has released its nonconference schedule for the 2017-18 season.
The Nittany Lions start the season at home vs. Campbell on Nov. 10. Penn State then plays Fairleigh Dickinson on Nov. 12.
Penn State is also playing in the Legends Classic championship rounds, which also feature Oklahoma State, Pitt and Texas A&M. As part of the Legends Classic, the Lions will also have home games vs. Montana (Nov. 15) and Oral Roberts (Nov. 24).
The nonconference schedule continues through Saturday, Dec. 30. Penn State finishes that part of the schedule at home vs. Coppin State. Find the complete nonconference schedule below.
Penn State men’s basketball nonconference schedule
- Home vs. Campbell, Nov. 10
- Home vs. Fairleigh Dickinson, Nov. 12
- Home vs. Montana, Nov. 15
- Home vs. Columbia, Nov. 17
- Barclays Center (Brooklyn, N.Y.) vs. TBD, Nov. 20
- Barclays Center (Brooklyn, N.Y.) vs. TBD, Nov. 21
- Home vs. Oral Roberts, Nov. 24
- Away vs. NC State, Nov. 29
- Home vs. George Washington, Dec. 9
- Away vs. George Mason, Dec. 17
- Home vs. Binghamton, Dec. 19
- Home vs. Rider, Dec. 22
- Home vs. Coppin State, Dec. 30
Pat Chambers is going into his seventh season as the Nittany Lions’ head coach. He is 87-109 overall going into the 2017-18 season. Last season, the Lions went 15-18 (6-12 Big Ten). Penn State beat Nebraska in the Big Ten Tournament before losing to Michigan State in the second round.