If the real footage isn’t enough to do the blocked kick justice, ESPNU has tried to make it even better.
On its Facebook page Tuesday night, ESPNU shared a fake radio call by the “Not Ohio State Radio Network” from Saturday’s Penn State-Ohio State game. Most of the call is on the blocked field goal Penn State’s Grant Haley picked up and returned for a touchdown for the game-winning score with less than 5 minutes to play.
The “radio call” is mostly full of audio of the announcers talking up Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer — how great he is and how great Ohio State is and how the Buckeyes will turn Happy Valley into “Sad Valley.”
Some other highlights:
- “If I’m Urban Meyer, I look in the mirror every day in admiration, gazing in utter amazement at the best coach in the history of the game, and then I go out into the world and dominate because I’m God’s gift to coaching.”
- Meyer’s decision to kick or not doesn’t matter because “we’re going to win.”
- Meyer is the “most incredible human being on the planet.”
- Grant Haley is called “some worthless scrub.”
- When Haley starts running toward the end zone: “Why isn’t Urban Meyer stopping him?”
- “Where’s Woody Hayes when you need him?”
- There had to be a penalty on the play because “there’s no way an Urban Meyer decision can go that poorly.”
Here’s the video of the fake radio call: