COLUMBUS, Ohio — Following the Ohio State men’s basketball team’s 79-77 win against UNC Asheville, Buckeyes head coach Thad Matta met with the media to provide his thoughts on the game Thursday night.
What did Matta have to say about Ohio State’s nonconference finale? Watch in the video above.
Among the highlights of Matta’s postgame comments:
- “We weren’t very good tonight mentally.”
- “We just weren’t as sharp as we needed to be on the defensive end and it carried over to the offensive end.”
- On the Buckeyes’ two technical fouls: “I told our guys this, it’s inexcusable … I ripped them after the game. We’re not going to carry ourselves that way and get technical fouls.”
- On JaQuan Lyle’s play down the stretch: “It was good to see. Those were some big shots. They really went small down the stretch there and getting inside the paint was a good thing for us.”
- On Ohio State’s unconventional lineups: “I’m happy with how we finished out the game. We were very, very disheveled in terms of conventionalism and in terms of how we were playing. Those guys, they did a good job and did a good job in the press break. I thought C.J. (Jackson) came in and really attacked.”