COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes are 5-0 and heading toward a big showdown in Madison with the No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers.
On Monday morning, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer met with the media and took a look back at the week that was against Indiana.
Among the morning’s discussions:
- Ohio State’s champions against Indiana were Pat Elflein and Jamarco Jones on offense and Michael Hill, Dre’Mont Jones, Nick Bosa, Jalyn Holmes, Sam Hubbard, Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley and Denzel Ward.
- Tyquan Lewis was the defensive player of the game against Indiana.
- Parris Campbell was the special teams player of the game against Indiana.
- On the passing game: “We just have to do much better.”
- On Saturday, Meyer said the passing game was alarming, and but said Monday that may be a bit of an overreaction.
- J.T. Barrett “is fine” according to Meyer, and he’s not worried about Saturday’s inefficiencies.
- Meyer said he’s not going to try and go away from running the quarterback when the game is on the line. “Part of playing quarterback in this offense. You’re one of the best in the country and you’re going to play, we’re going to use you.”
See the full press conference above.