COLUMBUS, Ohio – Following two separate practices – one for the underclassmen and one for his upperclassmen – Urban Meyer met with the media Sunday evening at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center to discuss what he saw on day one of 2016’s fall camp.
Meyer spoke for roughly 17 minutes and addressed a number of topics, including:
- The challenges of a split practice, especially when it comes to understanding what he’s “got” in his players
- What is “The Edge?” It’s the Buckeyes 2016 mantra and it’s all about pushing oneself beyond what you thought you were capable
- How the Buckeyes will look to solidify their starting lineup as soon as possible
- The difficulties Ohio State’s 2015 recruiting class has had maturity-wise, stating that it was likely a result of seeing the “monsters” in front of them and know they wouldn’t play much last season.
- Dontre Wilson’s role as a senior and a leader on the football team
Ohio State will hold a full team practice on Monday, and no media will be present.
You can check out Meyer’s full press conference below.