COLUMBUS, Ohio – Following his football team’s unusually close 24-20 win over Northwestern on Saturday, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer met with the media at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on Monday. The Buckeyes boss talked about the tussle with the Wildcats, the health of his squad heading into their Top 10 matchup with Nebraska this coming weekend at Ohio Stadium.
Here are the highlights from Meyer’s weekly press conference.
- Ohio State Offensive champions: Mike Weber, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Noah Brown, K.J. Hill, Pat Elflein, Billy Price, Isaiah Prince and Jamarco Jones
- Ohio State defensive champions: Tyquan Lewis, Jalyn Holmes, Michael Hill, Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley, and Malik Hooker
- Players of the Game: Billy Price, Noah Brown (offense), Gareon Conley (defense) and Eric Glover-Williams (special teams)
- Ohio State had its best edge-blocking performance of the season according to Meyer.
- After spraining his ankle against Northwestern, Parris Campbell is questionable – unlikely to play – Saturday against Nebraska
- Meyer continues to see a “lot of positives” in his team despite the struggles
- With Parris Campbell likely out, Binjimen Victor – who is “so close” to playing more – will likely see some reps on Saturday
Check out the full video above.