COLUMBUS, Ohio – Two days after the Buckeyes’ dismantling of Nebraska, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer met with the media at his weekly Monday news conference.
Meyer spoke on a number of topics from the team room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center:
- Curtis Samuel was the co-offensive player of the week in the Big Ten.
- Ohio State listed 28 different champions from the Nebraska game.
- Offense: Curtis Samuel, J.T. Barrett, Mike Weber, Terry McLaurin, Parris Campbell, Noah Brown, K.J. Hill, Marcus Baugh, A.J. Alexander, Jamarco Jones, Pat Elflein, Billy Price, Michael Jordan and Isaiah Prince
- Defense: Malik Hooker, Sam Hubbard, Michael Hill, Jalyn Holmes, Dre’mont Jones, Tyquan Lewis, Jerome Baker, Raekwon McMillan, Chris Worley, Gareon Conley, Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward and Damon Webb
- Freshman Jordan Fuller was Ohio State’s special teams player of the week.
- Meyer said Dante Booker is “on call” right now and could play if needed.
- Wide receiver K.J. Hill is a “really good player,” according to Meyer. “He’s earning more and more playing time.”
- How did the recruiting weekend go for Ohio State? “It was the best it could possibly be. Taking pictures and eating, all that. It’s great.”
Check out the full video from Urban Meyer above.