COLUMBUS, Ohio — Following Ohio State’s 70-64 win against Rutgers on Wednesday, Buckeyes head coach Thad Matta met with reporters to discuss his team’s most recent victory.
Among the topics covered by Matta in his postgame news conference:
- Whether or not Ohio State’s victory over the Scarlet Knights was a step in the right direction following Saturday’s win at Michigan.
- A health update on guard JaQuan Lyle, who played just 16 minutes against Rutgers on Wednesday.
- What led to the Buckeyes blowing an 11-point second half lead before recovering to win the game.
- Kam Williams’ 4-point play, which proved to be the game-winning play Wednesday.
- Williams’ big 23-point game against the Scarlet Knights.
- The eye injury to forward Marc Loving, which forced him to leave the game.
- The play of guard C.J. Jackson, who started his second straight contest for Ohio State on Wednesday.
- Where the Buckeyes stand heading into a tough two-game stretch against Maryland and Michigan State.
- Ohio State’s ability to play through adversity in the second half.
- Whether or not the muddled Big Ten standings this season are a result of parity or a mediocre conference.
You can watch Matta’s full comments in the video above. The Buckeyes will return to action on Saturday when they travel to College Park to face No. 21 Maryland in a 4 p.m. ET tip.