Terrelle Pryor’s 5-year ban from Ohio State ends
It’s been five years already?
Former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor can now return to the school following a five-year ban, Buckeyes athletic director Gene Smith told Cleveland.com’s Doug Lesmerises at Big Ten Media Days on Tuesday. Pryor had been banned on July 26, 2011, for his role in a case that resulted in NCAA sanctions for the program.
Last summer, Pryor expressed interest in returning to the school.
“It’s going to be on Coach Urban (Meyer) if he wants me to,” Pryor told Cleveland.com after a Browns scrimmage at Ohio Stadium. “But I love this place.”
Pryor’s college career ended in December of 2010 when the NCAA suspended him and four teammates for selling memorabilia for tattoos. He had played three years with the Buckeyes, but had not yet graduated and entered the NFL Draft.
Smith hopes that Pryor will come back and finish his degree, and the ban ending means he can work out at Ohio State in the summer and attend games during the season.
The 27-year-old is now a wide receiver with the Browns. He’s played for the Raiders, Seahawks, Chiefs and Bengals and started as a quarterback.