COLUMBUS, Ohio — On a #ThrowbackThursday edition of the Land of 10’s “Inside the Shoe” Ohio State podcast, Ben Axelrod and Marcus Hartman of the Daily Dayton News discuss the ‘Thad Five’ recruiting class and its impact on Buckeyes basketball.
Every episode of “Inside the Shoe” can be found here.
Other topics discussed on the show Thursday include:
- Ohio State basketball’s 2006 recruiting class, which included Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr., Daequan Cook, David Lighty and Othello Hunter.
- The importance of Cook in helping the class come together.
- Why it had been so rare until that point for the Buckeyes to land a prospect like Oden.
- How the ‘Thad Five’ raised expectations for both Matta and Ohio State basketball.
- The Buckeyes’ wild ride to the Final Four and, eventually, the national title game.
- Why timing was the only thing that kept Ohio State from winning the 2007 national title.
- How Conley became the class’ unlikely star.
- The current state of the Buckeyes basketball program.
- The legacy of the ‘Thad Five’ and why it’s still relevant today.
Land of 10’s “Inside the Shoe” podcast will return on Friday with all the latest from the Buckeyes’ spring practice.