Tate Martell continues to grow, Ohio State fall camp highlights, and more
Ohio State football is the No. 1 topic in Wake Up Sloopy every day — but we cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
3 more lose black stripes
Three more Ohio State players lost their black stripes — quarterback Tate Martell, safety Brendon White and guard Wyatt Davis.
Martell’s talk to teammates in particular was an emotional one.
“I was starting to mess up a little bit when I first got here because it was rough for me,” Martell said while getting choked up. “Honestly, all you guys pushed me to go. I’ve figured it out, and I’m going hard now.”
Ohio State releases highlight video
Ohio State fans don’t have too much time left to kill before the season gets here, but this should help.
The Buckeyes put together a highlight video from the last week of camp. Spoiler alert: There’s no shortage of playmakers on this team.
William White trying new ALS treatment
Former Ohio State star William White — Brendon White’s father — was diagnosed with ALS last October. There’s currently no cure for the terminal disease, but White is set to begin taking a new drug that could slow the effects.
According to the Daily Mail, it’s the first new therapy developed to help fight the disease in 22 years.
The season is already underway for some of the fall sports, like Ohio State women’s soccer:
- The women’s soccer team beat Arizona State 2-1 in overtime on Friday to move to 1-0. The Buckeyes play at BYU at 7:30 p.m. on Monday.
What else we wrote
A brief look at what we recently published about Ohio State:
- The Sunday recruiting notebook shows how the Buckeyes’ commitments fared on the field
- 5 freshmen who will make an impact for the Buckeyes this season
- What we learned in Week 3 of fall camp
Other news to note
We’re not the only site that covers Ohio State. Some items from our friends at other outlets.
- NFL.com named Ohio State the college football team with the most talent
- Why is J.T. Barrett at his best at the end of games? Nick Piotrowicz of the Toledo Blade looks at the numbers
- Tony Gerdeman of The Ozone ranked the Buckeyes’ top 10 playmakers on defense
Let’s keep talking
Want to keep the conversation going? Hop over to our free Ohio State message board to get Buckeyes analysis from Jeremy Birmingham, Austin Ward and myself. Sign up today and join the discussion here.
— Ohio State Hoops (@OhioStateHoops) August 19, 2017
— Branden Bowen (@BrandenBowen) August 19, 2017
Oversleep and miss a recent Wake Up Sloopy? No worries. We have all our past editions here.