COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps an impressive senior day performance for the basketball Buckeyes, who routed Rutgers 79-52 and looked like the team that began the Big Ten with 11 consecutive victories.
The evening included a ceremony to honor seniors Andrew Dakich, Kam Williams, Jae’Sean Tate and junior Keita Bates-Diop (who graduated in December) after the game concluded, complete with tribute videos and each of the four speaking in front of the remaining crowd.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- A better, more flowing offense from Ohio State, who scored at ease for much of the 40 minutes against a tough Rutgers defense, including big games from Kam Williams (13 points) and C.J. Jackson (18 points).
- The importance of Williams and Jackson turning in more quality performances going forward if the Buckeyes are to advance deep into the Big Ten Tournament and NCAA Tournament.
- The odds of Ohio State winning a share of the Big Ten regular season championship, which will require a win Friday at Indiana and a loss by Michigan State this Sunday on the road against Wisconsin. The Spartans knocked off Illinois on Tuesday clinching at least a share of the title.
- Senior day festivities and chance of “one more year!” coming from the crowd when Keita Bates-Diop began speaking. Bates-Diop will likely project as a probable mid to late first-round pick in the upcoming NBA draft and will have a decision whether to stay next season or forego his remaining eligibility.
- How Bates-Diop addressed his partaking in senior day and his plans for beyond this year.
Later this week, Austin Ward will join Kyle for more offseason chat including a look at potential breakout candidates and Kyle will preview the game Friday against the Hoosiers.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.