COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Ryan Donnelly joins Kyle Lamb to discuss the commitment by Steele Chambers and his impact on running back recruiting for the 2019 class. The Buckeyes are thought to be high on the lists of top-10 running backs Devyn Ford and Noah Cain.
In addition to the commitment of Chambers, we discuss the latest on quarterback Grant Gunnell, tackle Devontae Dobbs, running back E.J. Smith (son of NFL Hall of Fame member Emmitt Smith) and much more.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed Friday on Inside the Shoe include:
- The commitment of Chambers, whether he profiles at the next level as a running back or linebacker, and how his commitment might impact Ford, Cain and any other running backs the Buckeyes are chasing.
- Gunnell’s recruitment, where he stands with Ohio State and his relationship with teammate Jaylen Curry and fellow Texan receiver Garrett Wilson. After taking an official visit to Texas this weekend, Wilson is expected to choose between the Longhorns and Buckeyes. Most believe he will select Ohio State.
- More on Dobbs and the latest on a recent surge from USC on the highly rated tackle.
- Another visit cancellation from Jaylen McCullough.
- The recruitment of 2020 running back E.J. Smith, and his father’s relationship with Urban Meyer from his days as Florida’s coach.
Next week we will discuss more on the pending quarterback decision by Meyer with Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn. We’ll also monitor basketball grad-transfer targets and a feature our weekly recruiting roundup with Ryan Donnelly.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.