COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb rejoices over the 79-62 loss by Michigan in the National Championship Game Monday night in San Antonio to Villanova. While the loss doesn’t mean a loss for the entire Big Ten, it’s as good as a win for Buckeyes’ fans sweating out the potential championship by that team up North.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- Michigan’s 79-62 loss in the title game on Monday to Villanova and the big relief to Ohio State fans despite a seventh consecutive loss by the league in the championship since the last title by Michigan State in 2000.
- Why fans shouldn’t ride the coattails of a team championship for an entire conference. Despite a second championship in three years for Villanova, the title won’t be seen on any Big East mantle.
- An update on the status of injured linebacker Tuf Borland by Urban Meyer on Monday.
- A visit last weekend by a 5-star running back and why Ohio State appears to be sitting pretty for the prospect despite the commitment of Sampson James.
- An ACC point guard transfer visiting the Buckeyes this weekend and how his prospective commitment would fit with Ohio State’s basketball program going forward.
Later this week on the podcast, Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn will continue spring football coverage while Ryan Donnelly will provide his weekly recruiting update on the show on Friday.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.