COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Austin Ward joins Kyle Lamb for a recap of the annual spring game from Saturday. We assess the performance of all three quarterbacks and attempt to handicap the decision forthcoming by Ohio State coach Urban Meyer in the coming days as to where the battle stands heading into fall practice.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Monday include:
- An assessment of all three quarterbacks, including Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow and Tate Martell, and who may have the edge in the QB competition after the spring game Saturday at Ohio Stadium.
- Why Burrow’s performance may have legitimately given the coaching staff more to ponder than even they anticipated.
- Attempting to predict what Meyer might conclude when the coaches analyze the QB conundrum. Meyer stated after the game that they will analyze the performances and try to name a starter.
- Tate Martell’s explosive playmaking ability and how he may have earned his playing time this season even if he’s behind the other two in the passing department.
- An embarrassment of riches for the 2018 football roster, especially at the skill positions where the Buckeyes are looking at three productive quarterbacks, at least four running backs and no fewer than 7-to-10 receivers capable of contributing.
- Standout performers Saturday including Demario McCall, Marcus Williamson and Antonio Williams among others.
This week on the podcast, we will continue to breakdown spring practice and discuss more on the QB battle with Ryan Ginn. Also this week, more football recruiting with Ryan Donnelly and possible roster news forthcoming for the basketball team.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.