COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, we discuss the Ohio State offensive line — both its problems and its potential. With questions arising and all sorts of shuffling going on, Ryan Ginn joins Kyle Lamb to attempt to predict the winners of several key position battles and if the line might wind up becoming a strength to the 2018 team.
Also discussed is more on the quarterback battle and guesses as to when the winner of the competition between Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow and Tate Martell might be announced.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Thursday include:
- Comments made Wednesday by Urban Meyer about the performance of his team thus far in spring practice and why they’re not living up to his expectations … yet.
- The many interchangeable parts on the offensive line and why that’s making it really difficult to project the starters with so much moving around in practice.
- Possible candidates to win the starting center and tackle spots.
- Timing of the announcement of a winner for the quarterback competition and if it would be easier for the coaches to drag it out as long as possible. It’s been assumed Ohio State would attempt to pick a winner by the end of spring as a courtesy to Burrow, but perhaps that won’t be the case.
- The role of Tate Martell this season. Will Martell have defined duties as a playmaker for the Buckeyes off the bench? How many snaps should Buckeyes’ fans expect him to participate in this season?
On the Friday edition, Ryan Donnelly will join Kyle for another 2019 football recruiting update.