COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Austin Ward joins Kyle Lamb to assess the Achilles injury to linebacker Tuf Borland and what to make of Urban Meyer’s reaction. While the timeframe for a return from the injury itself is still unclear, we discuss the possible replacements and how Ohio State will cope in his absence.
Also discussed on the show is the long-assumed announcement by Keita Bates-Diop to forgo his final year of eligibility and declare his intention to leave for the 2018 NBA Draft. Bates-Diop announced Monday at a press conference that he intends to hire an agent, closing the door on a possible return.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- The injury sustained by inside linebacker Tuf Borland last week in spring practice and who could replace him in the starting lineup.
- Ohio State’s depth and ability to withstand such an injury, despite his performance in taking over for Chris Worley last season.
- A final farewell to Keita Bates-Diop and a fitting final season as he picked up the Big Ten Player of the Year award and a second team All-America honor.
- How the Buckeyes will attempt to replace his production on the grad transfer market.
- A strange but true interaction from Twitter involving a Texas recruiting director and two Ohio State quality-control assistant coaches.
Later this week on the podcast, Ryan Ginn will join Kyle to speculate how the Buckeyes may replace Bates-Diop and also provide more spring practice coverage.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.