COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Ryan Ginn joins Kyle Lamb for a discussion on the latest in the QB race and to analyze comments made Wednesday by offensive line coach Greg Studrawa pertaining to a possible realignment of the offensive line.
In addition to the QB and line battles, we discuss the transfer of backup guard Matthew Burrell as well as the dominance of Chase Young and the rest of the Buckeyes’ defensive line.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Thursday include:
- The battle between Joe Burrow and Dwayne Haskins in the QB race and how or when Urban Meyer might disclose the leader or winner of the battle.
- Comments made by Studrawa about a possible switch in tackles. On Saturday at the spring game, fans were surprised to see Isaiah Prince in the right tackle position with Thayer Munford on the left.
- An announcement of a transfer by Burrell on Wednesday. The backup guard had been mentioned as a possible replacement to departed center Billy Price. However, Ohio State has tentatively penned Brady Taylor as the starting center coming out of spring practice.
- Dominance on the defensive line by Chase Young.
- The job done on Saturday by sophomore cornerback Marcus Williamson and if he can compete for a spot in the rotation of a loaded secondary this fall.
On the Friday edition, Ryan Donnelly will join Kyle for a weekly Ohio State football recruiting update including the commitment Wednesday from Steele Chambers, a 4-star athlete from Roswell, Ga.