COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, now that the NCAA Tournament bracket has been revealed, we now know when, where and against whom the Buckeyes basketball team will play. Kyle Lamb says that despite how bleak the draw looks for Ohio State, it’s not as bad as it seems.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Monday include:
- A preview of Ohio State’s first game of the tournament as a 5 seed in the West Regional, a battle with South Dakota State in Boise, Idaho, on Thursday about 4 p.m. ET.
- Why the 12th-seeded Jackrabbits aren’t necessarily a worst-case scenario for the Buckeyes, despite being a guard-heavy, shoot-first kind of club.
- A possible second-round rematch with Gonzaga on Saturday. The Bulldogs blew out the Buckeyes 86-59 in November in the PK80 Invitational. Ohio State lost two of the next three games before running off 13 wins in the next 14 games.
- Why the blowout loss to Gonzaga is not indicative of how a rematch could go between the two teams this weekend.
- A larger look at the West Regional, where Ohio State potentially could face Xavier in the regional semifinal and rival Michigan in the regional final. It would be just the second time the schools have played in the NCAA Tournament, the last one being a regional final matchup in 1992.
This week on the podcast, we will continue the NCAA Tournament preview with Ryan Ginn, talk more offseason football with Austin Ward and check in on Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting efforts with Ryan Donnelly.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.