COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb gets you up to speed with a busy weekend of recruiting, which included a 2019 commitment from an in-state tackle as well as news about some upcoming visits in the next month.
In basketball, it was a good news/bad news weekend for Ohio State as the men’s team dropped a 69-68 heartbreaker to Penn State in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal Friday in New York City. Kyle laments the questionable officiating and also credits the women’s team for capturing its first Big Ten Tournament title since 2011 with a 10-point win Sunday against Maryland. Additionally, we tackle Thad Matta’s reported visit to Ole Miss last week and wonder if it’s a good fit for Matta’s return to coaching.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- A commitment from 6-foot-5, 270-pound tackle Ryan Jacoby of Mentor, Ohio, to the Buckeyes last Thursday and why it’s just the tip of the iceberg for Ohio State when it comes to recruiting offensive line prospects for the 2019 class.
- Upcoming visits and other encouraging news on the recruiting front for a trio of wide receivers in 2019.
- Conference tournament titles won over the weekend by the Ohio State women’s basketball and wrestling teams. Senior Kelsey Mitchell scored 25 points for the Lady Buckeyes in the 79-69 win over Maryland on Sunday.
- Thad Matta’s trip to Oxford, Miss., last week to visit the University of Mississippi and whether it’s an ideal fit for Matta’s possible return to the sidelines next fall.
- The third loss to Penn State for the men’s basketball team and whether it’s a bad omen heading into the NCAA Tournament. Ohio State will sit idle for at least 12 days before the tournament’s first round kicks off March 15.
- Why the officiating in the latest loss for the Buckeyes was problematic and indicative of an ongoing blind spot for college basketball.
This week on the podcast, Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn will preview spring football, and Ryan Donnelly will update the latest in 2019 recruiting.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.