COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Austin Ward joins Kyle Lamb to preview the beginning of Ohio State’s spring football practice on Tuesday. Among the many questions heading into spring is the replacement of Billy Price, the emergence of Tuf Borland and another retooled secondary.
Additionally, we look at the murky Dante Booker status and attempt to construct the difficulty of reporting personnel rumors.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Tuesday include:
- The report and subsequent retraction from last week about a possible transfer by linebacker Dante Booker and what the future might be for him — at Ohio State or elsewhere.
- Discussion of the most underrated and exciting position battles shaping up for spring practice and beyond for Ohio State in 2018.
- Whether Tuf Borland, the incumbent at inside linebacker, will hold off a challenge by second-year player Baron Browning, a former 5-star recruit.
- Kyle’s buying of proverbial stock in Thayer Munford at tackle this season.
- Another loaded and retooled secondary coming this year for the Buckeyes, including a lot of hype for Jeffrey Okudah, Jordan Fuller and Isaiah Pryor.
- Improvement made over the course of the season in 2017 by Kendall Sheffield in transition from the junior college ranks and a possible breakout season in 2018.
This week, Ryan Ginn will continue the spring practice discussion and Ryan Donnelly will be back for a weekly 2019 recruiting update. Also, Kyle will try to scour the internet for projections as to where the basketball Buckeyes might land in the NCAA Tournament when Selection Sunday rolls around.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.