COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb is joined by Bill Bender of Sporting News to look ahead to the 2018 college football season.
Kyle and Bill take a look at the expectations for Dwayne Haskins, the primary competition for the Buckeyes in the Big Ten and some of the possible national title contenders.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- Joe Burrow’s decision to transfer and his likely role wherever he lands. Burrow has visited LSU and is expected to take a few more trips before making his choice.
- Expectations for Dwayne Haskins as the likely starting quarterback for the Buckeyes this year.
- Whether Michigan can live up to lofty expectations with Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson taking over at quarterback and if Jim Harbaugh is in a make-or-break year with the Wolverines.
- The loaded Big Ten East division and which teams are a threat to knock off Ohio State for the league title.
- Whether anyone in the West can challenge Wisconsin for a trip to Indianapolis this December.
- The rejuvenation of Nebraska under first-year coach Scott Frost this offseason and whether Frost can lead the Cornhuskers back to their former glory.
- Alabama’s own QB controversy, and what Nick Saban will do about it.
- Possible playoff contenders that could challenge the Buckeyes, Crimson Tide, Clemson and Georgia for spots.
- The Supreme Court’s ruling to overturn a law against state-sponsored sports gambling and how it could impact the NCAA for football or basketball going forward.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.