COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps the latest Buckeyes’ basketball victory, a 71-65 win at Northwestern on Wednesday night, and declares it time to begin treating Ohio State like a national contender this season. The Buckeyes improved to 16-4 and 7-0 in the Big Ten with the victory on Wednesday. Ohio State is now rated No. 12 in the Pomeroy ratings, and both its offensive and defensive efficiency rates among the top 25 nationally.
Also discussed on the show: a possible momentum swing with a key 2019 basketball recruit.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Thursday include:
- Ohio State’s sturdy 71-65 showing against Northwestern, despite the Wildcats making a late run to get it to as close as 3 points in the final minute.
- A strong showing off the bench from forward Micah Potter, who scored 13 points and didn’t miss a single field-goal attempt, sparking a key run midway through the second half for the Buckeyes.
- Buckeyes coach Chris Holtmann winning his seventh straight Big Ten game to begin his career, which is the best streak the league has seen in 95 years.
- A big-time Big Ten showdown looming on Feb. 7 with Purdue as the Buckeyes and Boilermakers continue to lead the league standings and whether Ohio State is ready to be called a national contender in addition to battling for Big Ten supremacy.
- Holtmann publicly shaming the Wooden Award committee for its surprising exclusion of Keita Bates-Diop from the midseason top-25 Wooden watch list.
- A Crystal Ball prediction on 247Sports coming to Ohio State for a huge 2019 basketball target.
- Thoughts on the NCAA’s attempt to overhaul Division I transfer guidelines and regulations.
On the Friday edition, Kyle will preview the weekend basketball action with Minnesota at Madison Square Garden, and Ryan Donnelly will join the show to talk football recruiting, including a possible commitment coming from Tyler Friday on … Friday.