COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps an exciting Super Bowl win by the Philadephia Eagles over the New England Patriots Sunday night, and the rumors that New England may now go after Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano. We also explain how the inconsistency of the rumors may be tied to an official visit made over the weekend by a key 2018 recruit.
Additionally, Kyle analyzes the 75-67 win by the Buckeyes’ basketball team on Sunday against Illinois and why the struggle should not be considered a black eye on Ohio State analytically.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- The first Super Bowl title for the Philadelphia Eagles, who beat the New England Patriots 41-33 despite 505 yards passing for Tom Brady and the Patriots becoming the first NFL team ever to accrue over 600 total yards and still lose.
- Ties to Greg Schiano by the Patriots and whether Buckeye fans should believe the rumors or the denials.
- Why and how the veracity of said rumors might be tied to one of Ohio State’s recruiting visitors from the weekend and how opposing schools could be the source of leaks.
- A 75-67 Buckeyes’ victory over Illinois behind a career-high 35 points and 13 rebounds from Keita Bates-Diop.
- Parity in college basketball and the difficulty of beating other opponents on a consistent basis.
- The suspension of Kam Williams, his status for the big showdown Wednesday at Purdue, and his impact going forward on Ohio State.
This week on the podcast, Kyle will catch up with Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn, preview the huge matchup against Purdue and wrap up the latest in recruiting with Ryan Donnelly as the late signing period approaches on Wednesday.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.