COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb welcomes the latest member of the Land of 10 staff, Ryan Connelly, to discuss Buckeyes’ recruiting, including a new offer to a 2018 defensive end prospect. They also explain what that offer means for the pursuit of Tyler Friday and whether Ohio State has the inside track on tackle Rasheed Walker.
In addition to recruiting, Kyle shares his thoughts on whether the early signing period was a success for college football in its first year, as well as the role Scoonie Penn has had on Ohio State’s 2017 basketball resurgence thus far under first-year coach Chris Holtmann.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- The scholarship offer given to 2018 defensive end prospect Javontae Jean-Baptiste and what the offer and his expected visit Jan. 20 means for the pursuit of Tyler Friday.
- Another visitor the weekend of Jan. 20, Rasheed Walker, and where Ohio State stands with him in the race against Penn State. Did Walker’s time spent with several Buckeyes at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl last weekend rub off on him?
- Whether Ryan expects linebacker Solomon Tuliaupupu to visit Ohio State on Feb. 4 as scheduled.
- The role of Scoonie Penn in the Buckeyes’ basketball program and how his energy and emotion has rubbed off on the entire team.
- Continued development of the 2017-18 Buckeyes, and whether there is room for even more improvement going forward.
On the next edition, Kyle will preview the Buckeyes’ game against Maryland on Thursday, and Austin Ward will join the show to analyze the latest offseason news for Ohio State football.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.