COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, the Buckeyes have landed a new co-defensive coordinator, according to a report by FOX Sports’ Bruce Feldman. Washington State defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, a native of Ohio, is set to join the program after a month of rumors.
The football program also picked up a commitment Thursday evening at the Under Armour All-America Game when 4-star defensive end Tyreke Smith from Cleveland announced his pledge to the Buckeyes. Smith actually signed in December during the early signing period but kept his decision quiet until his announcement Thursday. Meanwhile, host Kyle Lamb also recaps the Buckeyes’ 92-81 win against Iowa and previews a huge showdown on Sunday as No. 1 Michigan State and Ohio State square off in a battle of 3-0 teams in the Big Ten.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed Friday on Inside the Shoe include:
- The reported hire of Washington State defensive coordinator Alex Grinch and his potential role with the Buckeyes as a replacement for Greg Schiano down the road.
- Tyreke Smith’s commitment to the Buckeyes, while Jayson Oweh chose Penn State. Can the Buckeyes find a third defensive end for the 2018 class before February?
- Positive momentum building for Ohio State’s pursuit of 2018 offensive tackle Rasheed Walker, who reportedly favors the Buckeyes over Penn State and Maryland.
- Ohio State’s 92-81 win against Iowa and the strong offensive performance not seen frequently with the basketball program.
- A huge test on Sunday at home for the men’s basketball team against Michigan State, and what a win against the top team in the country could do for the Buckeyes’ NCAA Tournament chances.
Join us on the next episode of the Inside the Shoe podcast on Monday as we recap Ohio State’s quest to score a big home win against the No. 1 Spartans.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.