COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Ryan Ginn joins Kyle Lamb to linger a little on the huge basketball environment from Sunday for Ohio State’s 80-64 upset of No. 1 Michigan State. Is basketball back? They tackle the question as well as whether winning the Big Ten is a realistic possibility for the Buckeyes this season.
In addition to the big basketball victory, they discuss the decision by Jerome Baker to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft, the official announcement of Alex Grinch as co-defensive coordinator, the early football national championship odds for 2018 and much more.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- The atmosphere for the Buckeyes’ big win against Michigan State, which included an announced crowd of 17,599. Was it a sign of things to come for Ohio State fans going forward?
- After a 4-0 start in the Big Ten, can the Buckeyes reasonably contend for the conference crown?
- Incredible growth and improvement for several individual players under Chris Holtmann thus far, including C.J. Jackson, Kam Williams and Kaleb Wesson.
- Mike Weber’s decision to return to Ohio State and Jerome Baker’s decision to leave for the NFL, as well as the pending choice by defensive tackle Dre’Mont Jones.
- The long-awaited addition of new co-defensive coordinator Alex Grinch and his success at Washington State.
- The 2018 college football championship odds that include five Big Ten teams among the top 12 with the best odds to win the 2018 title.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast Wednesday, Kyle will recap Alabama’s thrilling overtime win against Georgia in the College Football Playoff title game and more on Buckeyes’ recruiting and offseason talk.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.