COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb sits down with Buckeyes’ assistant basketball coach Mike Schrage in the first of three interviews with Chris Holtmann’s staff.
Among the topics discussed on Wednesday is Schrage’s background working for a pair of Hall of Fame coaches, the staff’s recruiting philosophy and what’s impressed Schrage about Ohio State through four months.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Other topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Wednesday include:
- How Schrage got into coaching college basketball and his experience working for two separate distinguished coaches.
- His reaction to Holtmann taking the job at Ohio State and what’s surprised him most about the first four months.
- The most important traits and character profile Ohio State coaches are looking for when evaluating a prospect in recruiting.
- The remaining spot the Buckeyes have left for the 2018 class and what the coaches intend to do with it.
- Ohio State’s offensive and defensive philosophy as well as the division of labor among the coaching staff with skill instruction and gameday preparation.
- Progress of point guard C.J. Jackson and his importance.
- The status of freshman Kyle Young after getting his tonsils removed recently.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast for Thursday, Kyle will speak with Ohio State assistant Ryan Pedon in the second of three 1-on-1 interviews. Also scheduled to join the show is NBC College Basketball Talk’s national basketball analyst Rob Dauster to talk Ohio State and Big Ten basketball for the upcoming season.
NBC College Football Talk’s Zach Barnett will join the show on Friday to talk college football and preview Ohio State’s showdown with Penn State on Oct. 28.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.