Ohio State podcast: Fans, recruits taking notice of Buckeyes basketball
Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb continues putting into perspective Ohio State basketball’s latest victory against Purdue on Wednesday and the Buckeyes’ surprising 21-5 season, including a Big Ten-leading 12-1 record. Kyle notes that fans have begun rallying behind the team, and recruits within the state are noticing, as well.
Additionally, Kyle has an opinion on the Cleveland Cavaliers’ deadline retooling on Thursday, which saw six players traded and four acquired. We also take a look at the Big Ten landscape in football after the latest Signing Day. Has Wisconsin finally been given an obstacle after the arrival of Scott Frost?
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed Friday on Inside the Shoe include:
- More on Ohio State’s 64-63 victory against Purdue and why the ability to adapt to several styles should have the Buckeyes as a legitimate threat to advance in the NCAA Tournament come March.
- A look ahead to the Buckeyes’ game on Saturday at 6 p.m. ET against Iowa. The game is closing in on a sellout, with fans having just two home games remaining to catch Ohio State in action this season.
- How Chris Holtmann and his staff have handled recruiting so well and how the program is beginning to generate a buzz within the state.
- Thoughts on the Cavs’ three trades made on Thursday and whether the new personnel will ignite LeBron James once again and propel Cleveland back to the NBA Finals.
- A summary of the Big Ten’s football recruiting for the 2018 class and which programs are trending up next season and beyond.
Next week on the podcast, we will recap the game against Iowa, look ahead to key road matchups against Penn State and Michigan, and Austin Ward, Ryan Ginn and Ryan Donnelly will join the show for the latest in football offseason notes and a look to the 2019 recruiting efforts.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.