COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the New Year’s Day edition, Kyle Lamb and Austin Ward recap Friday night’s 24-7 win by Ohio State over USC in J.T. Barrett’s final game as a Buckeye.
In addition to analysis of the win against the Trojans, they examine the Big Ten’s impressive 7-0 bowl record and why it reinforces the idea Ohio State should be in the playoff and also give thoughts on the two juniors who declared for the NFL this weekend.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- Ohio State’s smothering defense that led to a win against USC this weekend and whether the offense went a little too conservative in the second half while sitting on the 17-point lead.
- Sam Hubbard’s final game as an Ohio State player after declaring this weekend for the 2018 NFL Draft and how his second half of the season compares to past Buckeyes defensive line greats.
- The decision to sit out the Cotton Bowl by cornerback Denzel Ward, who has disclosed his intention to declare for the draft and whether Ward made the right choice in doing so.
- The Big Ten’s 7-0 dominant bowl record and a unique situation for Ohio State fans that have a win-win scenario with Michigan rounding out the league’s bowl season on Monday against South Carolina.
- How the league’s stellar performance as a group validates the notion that the Buckeyes, and not Alabama, should be in the College Football Playoff.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Tuesday, Land of 10’s Ryan Ginn will join Kyle to continue analyzing the weekend in football including the Wolverines’ game against the Gamecocks.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.