COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps the Buckeyes’ latest Big Ten basketball victory, a 68-46 suffocation of Rutgers on Sunday. Ohio State (15-4) is a perfect 6-0 in the Big Ten and has led the entire second half in five of those six wins.
Also included in the Monday edition, the status of defensive line recruit Tyler Friday and possible motivation for the Buckeyes to chase after running back Maurice Washington.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- Exciting NFL action in the playoffs on Sunday as the Minnesota Vikings came up with an incredible last-second touchdown to knock out the New Orleans Saints.
- The emergence of Saints wide receiver and former Buckeyes standout Michael Thomas as one of the best receivers in the NFL.
- Ohio State’s smothering 68-46 win against Rutgers on Sunday, and the versatility shown by the Buckeyes to win games in many ways.
- C.J. Jackson’s continued development, coming up with 9 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals and only 1 turnover against the Scarlet Knights on Sunday.
- If the Buckeyes, winners of 10 of their last 11 games, now can be considered a possible national contender.
- Defensive line prospect Tyler Friday and whether Ohio State is still in line to receive a verbal commitment sometime this week for the 2018 recruit.
- Ohio State’s flirtation with running back Maurice Washington, winner of the MVP of the Army All-American game, and whether there is anything more than meets the eye for the Buckeyes.
This week on the Inside the Shoe podcast, Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn will join the show to continue looking ahead at Ohio State’s offseason, and Ryan Donnelly will join Kyle for the latest in football recruiting news.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.