COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Ryan Donnelly provides the latest on Nicholas Petit-Frere, the No. 2-rated tackle in the 2018 class, after his weekend official visit to Ohio State. Petit-Frere is scheduled to announce his decision Wednesday at 10 a.m. E.T. on ESPNU.
Austin Ward also joins Kyle Lamb to discuss the latest Greg Schiano rumors. Schiano reportedly is interested in a potential offer with the New England Patriots to join the staff as defensive coordinator. They talk about the legitimacy of those rumors, Ohio State’s open defensive backs coaching position and also the incredible roster depth for the Buckeyes in 2018.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- The latest on No. 2-rated tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere after his official visit to Ohio State last weekend. Ohio State reportedly has gained a lot of momentum in the process with Petit-Frere and may be favored to grab his commitment on Wednesday morning.
- Whether the Buckeyes still have a shot at landing Rasheed Walker on Wednesday. Ohio State and Penn State have been battling for his commitment for several months.
- Why Tavion Thomas is gone as a target as quickly as he surfaced last week.
- Greg Schiano’s rumored job offer with the Patriots and what the Buckeyes might do if he does or doesn’t leave.
- Ohio State’s flexibility in hiring a defensive backs coach to replace the departed Kerry Coombs.
- Dylan Thompson’s announced transfer and why Ohio State has seen so few transfers so far for 2018.
On the show Wednesday, Ryan Ginn will join Kyle to preview the men’s basketball showdown with Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.