COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb dishes out the superlatives for Ohio State over the shocking 80-64 basketball victory against No. 1 Michigan State on Sunday. The Buckeyes led for more than 30 minutes, including by double digits for the entire second half.
Also on the show Monday, we discuss comments made by Buckeyes running back Mike Weber on social media over the weekend that indicated he’s returning for 2018, and an offensive tackle prospect appears to be really high on the Buckeyes.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- The unexpected thrashing by Ohio State of No. 1 Michigan State in Columbus on Sunday, which included a 20-2 run over a 2-minute span in the final minute of the first half and opening minute of the second.
- Why the win, moving the Buckeyes to 4-0 in the Big Ten, should change your paradigm for Ohio State basketball this season.
- Another 32 points by Ohio State junior forward Keita Bates-Diop, who is positioning himself for Big Ten Player of the Year conversation, as well as possible national recognition.
- The consistency of C.J. Jackson, who has cut down on turnovers since the beginning of the season, and the Buckeyes’ ability to take care of the basketball as a team. Ohio State had just 6 turnovers against the Spartans.
- Comments made on Twitter and Instagram by Buckeyes running back Mike Weber and an apparent commitment to return for his redshirt junior season.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Tuesday, we will continue to break down the Buckeyes’ big season-changing win and look ahead to their Thursday game against Maryland.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.