COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Ryan Donnelly joins Kyle Lamb for a weekly recruiting update that includes a key visit this weekend being canceled by Christopher Oats. They also discuss the four other prospects for 2018 the Buckeyes are chasing leading up to National Signing Day on Wednesday.
In addition to the massive recruiting reset, Kyle previews the Buckeyes’ home basketball game Saturday against Illinois. Ohio State is hoping to improve to 11-1 in the Big Ten with a key showdown looming Wednesday at Purdue.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed Friday on Inside the Shoe include:
- An expected visit this weekend by 4-star linebacker Christopher Oats that he canceled Thursday. Oats is expected to sign with Kentucky.
- A return visit by Dayton Dunbar High School back Tavion Thomas to Ohio State, one week after he quietly visited Columbus under the radar. Thomas committed to Oklahoma in June but did not sign in December and de-committed on Jan. 29.
- Whether the Buckeyes can land linebacker Javontae Jean-Baptiste next week after visiting him in his home on Thursday.
- Where Ohio State stands with Rasheed Walker after an in-home visit on Wednesday. Walker visited last weekend and is believed to be down to Ohio State, Penn State and Virginia Tech.
- The upcoming visit on Friday by the No. 2-rated tackle in the country, Nicholas Petit-Frere, and if the Buckeyes have gone from long shot to front-runner to land him.
Next week on the podcast, Kyle will preview the huge matchup with Purdue that could have a strong impact on the race for the Big Ten basketball title while Ryan will keep listeners updated about the stretch run of the late signing period.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.