COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Ryan Ginn joins Kyle Lamb to preview the late signing period for college football. With as many as three prospects in play for the Buckeyes on Wednesday, Ohio State has a chance to stay ahead of Georgia and win the mythical recruiting national title. Ryan and Kyle discuss the impact and prestige of the possible feat, which is looking possible with Crystal Balls flooding 247Sports for Nicholas Petit-Frere and Javontae Jean-Baptiste.
Additionally, we preview the huge basketball showdown Wednesday between Ohio State and Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind., which will air on the Big Ten Network at 8:30 p.m. ET. The two teams have a combined one loss in conference play, and Ohio State must come up with a victory without senior guard Kam Williams, who will remain behind in Columbus with an indefinite suspension.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- Positive momentum for the Buckeyes in the recruitment of No. 1-rated tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere and 4-star defensive end Javontae Jean-Baptiste, who both picked up several Crystal Balls to Ohio State on the 247Sports site. Petit-Frere is set to announce his decision on ESPNU at 10 a.m. ET between the Buckeyes, Alabama, Florida, Michigan and Notre Dame.
- Increasing likelihood that Ohio State will stay ahead of Georgia in the recruiting national title race with the additional possibility of scoring a commitment from tackle Rasheed Walker. Walker will decide Wednesday morning between the Buckeyes and Penn State.
- Somewhat surprising recruiting struggles of Michigan’s 2018 class as the Wolverines are looking at a possibility of losing their sole top-100 commitment, Otis Reese, to Georgia on Wednesday.
- A preview of the massive Big Ten showdown Wednesday night at Purdue between the Buckeyes and Boilermakers. Purdue enters the game with a 12-0 league record and a No. 3 ranking in the AP poll. The Buckeyes are 11-1 and ranked No. 14.
- How expectations could skyrocket with a Buckeyes win on Wednesday night. Ohio State could surge to a projected 2-seed or 3-seed and could begin being discussed as a legit national title contender with 1-seed aspirations.
- Whether the Buckeyes can find a way to win without Williams’ ability to spread the floor.
On Thursday, Kyle will recap the result of the basketball game and Ryan Donnelly will be back to discuss Signing Day.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.