COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb finds some humor in the demise of the Big Ten’s previously unblemished bowl record with Michigan’s 26-19 loss and collapse to South Carolina in the Outback Bowl on Monday. The league finished 7-1, with Michigan owning the only defeat.
Also discussed on the show Tuesday is more on the departure of Denzel Ward and his decision to sit out the Cotton Bowl, recapping the pair of College Football Playoff semifinal games on Monday and what the future holds for a pair of defensive end prospects potentially making an announcement Thursday.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- Michigan’s 26-19 bowl defeat to South Carolina and whether the second-half meltdown by the Wolverines capped off the perfect bowl scenario for Buckeyes fans.
- Alabama looked good in dispatching Clemson 24-6 Monday in one half of the playoff semifinal, but did the win validate the Crimson Tide’s inclusion?
- Denzel Ward’s decision to bypass the Cotton Bowl and declare his intention to join the NFL draft this spring.
- Defensive end prospects Tyreke Smith and Jayson Oweh and their possible declarations Thursday in the Under Armour All-American game.
- An Inside the Shoe hello to the newest member of the Land of 10 Ohio State team, Ryan Connelly, who will begin next week covering Buckeyes recruiting.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast Wednesday, Ryan Ginn will join Kyle to continue transitioning from the Cotton Bowl wrap to offseason discussions including the hotly debated quarterback battle coming this spring.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.