Ohio State-Indiana gets ESPN’s royal treatment, 2 future stars lose black stripes, and more
Ohio State football is the No. 1 topic in Wake Up Sloopy every day — but we cover news, notes and analysis from across Buckeyes sports. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Ohio State football, recruiting, basketball and more.
How to watch Ohio State-Indiana
The first sign of the interest surrounding Ohio State’s season opener came when it was announced that College GameDay would be on site at Indiana. It’s not only the show’s first time in Bloomington but also its first time at any Hoosiers game.
ESPN appears to be pulling out all the stops for the Aug. 31 game, too. In addition to the traditional broadcast, there will be six other ways to watch the game. The list includes an All-22 view, a homer broadcast, a skycam view, a data center broadcast, a coaches film room and a command center broadcast featuring multiple views on a split screen.
2 more lose black stripes
The list of Ohio State newcomers who have shed black stripes grew to five on Monday.
Defensive tackle Haskell Garrett and cornerback Jeffrey Okudah both lost their stripes. Both players are expected to contribute for the Buckeyes this season.
Ezekiel Elliott officially appeals
Former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott has officially appealed his six-game suspension.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported the hearing for the Dallas Cowboys running back is expected to be Aug. 29.
What else we wrote
Here’s a brief look at what we recently published about Ohio State:
- The Tuesday recruiting notebook talks OLB Teradja Mitchell’s fitness improvements.
- Predicting how the Buckeyes’ Class of 2018 will finish on defense.
- Joe Burrow wants J.T. Barrett’s job but is happy he’s still around.
- Exploring QB coach Ryan Day’s impact on the quarterbacks.
- Cardale Jones has some Josh Rosen takes.
- Construction is going to ruin Ohio State football parking.
Other news to note
We’re not the only site that covers Ohio State. Here are some items from our friends at other outlets.
- Bill Landis of Cleveland.com breaks down the Buckeyes’ improvements in recruiting offensive linemen.
- Eleven Warriors is voting on the best Buckeyes games of all time, with the bowl games bracket currently up.
Let’s keep talking
Want to keep the conversation going? Hop over to our free Ohio State message board to get Buckeyes analysis from Jeremy Birmingham, Austin Ward and myself. Sign up today and join the discussion here.
— OSU Marching Band (@TBDBITL) August 15, 2017
Good to see this guy back on the practice field today pic.twitter.com/WDwP72Nc7Z
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) August 15, 2017
Oversleep and miss a recent Wake Up Sloopy? No worries. We have all our past editions here.