Ohio State has announced its eight-member 2017 Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame class. Basketball star Mike Conley and football star LeCharles Bentley are among the honorees.
Ohio State’s 2017 Athletics Hall of Fame class:
- LeCharles Bentley, football: 2001 Rimington Trophy winner and second-round NFL draft pick in 2002
- Tom Byers, men’s track and field: Lettered from 1973-1976; 1974 U.S. champion in 1,500m
- Mike Conley, men’s basketball: Led Ohio State to the national championship game in 2007 while averaging 11.3 points and totaling 238 assists on the season
- Chelsea Davis, women’s diving: All-American diver and national champion in 2008
- Pete Hanson, men’s volleyball: Head coach since 1985, has led team to three national titles
- Bryce Keough, wrestling: Captain of the 1951 Buckeyes wrestling team, which won the Big Ten title
- Christina Manning, women’s track and field: Two-time national champion and four-year letter winner from 2008-12
- Nancy Pearson, women’s swimming: 1982 All-American and two-time Big Ten champion
The 2017 class will be inducted into the Buckeyes Hall of Fame at a dinner on Oct. 6. The members will be introduced to the public at halftime of Ohio State’s home game against Maryland on Oct. 7.
— Ohio State Buckeyes (@OhioStAthletics) June 14, 2017
Ohio State’s Athletics Hall of Fame was formed in 1977.