College football fans will have the opportunity to watch seven versions of the Ohio State-Indiana season opener on Aug. 31.
ESPN will trot out a smaller version of its Megacast for its first game of the college football season. It will feature the main broadcast, called by Dave Flemming and Kirk Herbstreit along with sideline reporter Laura Rutledge, plus six alternatives.
Those alternatives are:
- ESPN News: Coaches Film Room with former coaches Les Miles, Mack Brown, Mark Helfrich and Gene Chizik, joined by hosts Greg McElroy and Tom Luginbill. Miles will make his ESPN debut in the broadcast.
- ESPN U: An Indiana-focused homers’ broadcast with Dan Dakich and Joe Tessitore.
- ESPN3: All-22 broadcast with the camera positioned above the end zone.
- ESPN3: A Skycam view.
- ESPN3: A Data Center broadcast with on-screen graphics, social media, drive charts and more statistics.
- ESPN Goal Line: A Command Center broadcast with a split-screen of multiple camera views.
Pregame coverage will start on ESPN at 4 p.m., with College Gameday from Bloomington, Ind., starting at 6 p.m. and Field Pass on ESPNU at 7 p.m. Game time is 8 p.m.
The Buckeyes were ranked No. 2 in the preseason USA Today/Amway Coaches Poll, while the Hoosiers did not receive any votes.