College football bowl prediction season is always fun. With the start of the regular season nearing, CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm made his projections.
Palm came up with matchups for all bowl games. In the College Football Playoff, Palm predicted Alabama and Florida State would meet in one semifinal, Ohio State and Southern Cal in the other.
Palm is big on the Big Ten. He projected Penn State would meet defending national champion Clemson in the Orange Bowl and Wisconsin would face Washington in the Fiesta Bowl. The Badgers’ potential foe reached the CFP a season ago.
Big Ten bowl predictions
- Ohio State: Rose Bowl (CFP semifinal) vs. Southern Cal
- Wisconsin: Fiesta Bowl vs. Washington
- Penn State: Orange Bowl vs. Clemson
- Nebraska: Outback Bowl vs. Georgia
- Northwestern: Music City Bowl vs. Kentucky
- Michigan: Holiday Bowl vs. Oregon
- Iowa: Pinstripe Bowl vs. Notre Dame
- Minnesota: Foster Farms Bowl vs. UCLA
- Indiana: Quick Lane Bowl vs. Old Dominion
- Michigan State: Armed Forces Bowl vs. Army
If Ohio State makes it to where Palm predicts, that makes it two seasons in a row the Buckeyes make the national semifinals. Ohio State also won the first CFP in the 2014 season.
Both Wisconsin and Penn State are seeking another New Year’s Six appearance. Penn State played in the Rose Bowl last season, losing to USC. Wisconsin beat previously undefeated Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.