The recruiting machine churns all week. Join us Tuesday through Friday nights when we recap Nebraska recruiting news, offering analysis and context.
Williams offers two receivers in one week
Nebraska wide receivers coach Keith Williams is back and busy on the recruiting trail.
Just one day after 4-star recruit Ryan Jones decommitted from the University of North Carolina, he picked up an offer from Nebraska.
Jones announced on Twitter he talked with Williams on the phone and was given an offer to Nebraska.
— Ryan Jones (@RyanJonesD1) July 30, 2016
Jones is a 6-foot-2, 219-pound athlete from Charlotte, N.C. He is the No. 8 athlete in the 2017 class and No. 5 recruit from North Carolina.
Jones has 15 offers, including from Kentucky, South Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee and Oklahoma.
Jones decommitted from North Carolina on Sept. 22 after being committed to the Tar Heels since February.
Williams also offered a scholarship to a 2018 wide receiver this week.
Amon-Ra St. Brown, a 4-star wide receiver from Anaheim, Calif., tweeted that he talked to Williams this week and was given an offer.
— Amon-Ra (@amonra_stbrown) September 21, 2016
St. Brown is a 4-star prospect who is nearly a 5-star. The 6-foot-1, 187-pound receiver is the No. 6 receiver in the 2018 class and No. 4 prospect from California. He currently has 13 offers, including from Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, California, Nebraska, Michigan State and UCLA. The favorite right now, according to 247sports Crystal Ball predictions, is Notre Dame.
Williams was suspended for two weeks without pay and will miss the Cornhuskers’ first four games after his arrest in August on suspicion of driving under the influence and careless driving.
Derrion Grim update
Nebraska transfer Derrion Grim picked up his first offer since leaving Lincoln. The 6-foot, 195-pound receiver received an offer from Washington State, he announced on Twitter.
— DG17™?? (@_Lowkey17) September 22, 2016
Grim left Lincoln in August after saying he didn’t believe coach Mike Riley when Riley said the offense would feature more passing and Grim would have chances to play.
Grim originally committed to Boise State but elected to go to Nebraska. He’s currently playing at San Joaquin Delta College in Stockton, Calif.
- Over-under’s for Nebraska at Northwestern:
- Tommy Armstrong passing yards: 290
- Total Nebraska secondary interceptions: 1.5
- Devine Ozigbo carries: 15.5
- De’Mornay Pierson-El is back returning punts. Talked with him this week about how he got back on the field after a year of injuries. His secret? His fraternity.
- Nebraska will be rocking alternate uniforms this weekend at Northwestern. A closer look.
- For NFL fans, Danny Langsdorf said earlier this week he’s pulled a few plays from two NFL teams to help draw up plays for Tommy Armstrong.
- Since it is Northwestern and Nebraska, just for fun, here’s the Hail Mary from a few years ago.