The recruiting machine churns all week. Join us on Tuesday through Friday nights when we recap Nebraska recruiting news and offer analysis and context.
Full list of visitors
This week is mostly focused on the Oregon game, not the visitors. But we’ve been tracking who will be in Lincoln this weekend. One final time, here are the commits who will be in Lincoln:
- Austin Allen, a 3-star tight end from Aurora, Neb.
- Willie Hampton, a 3-star linebacker from West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Robert Porcher, a 3-star defensive end from Orlando.
- Matt Sichterman, a 3-star offensive tackle from Cincinnati.
And here are the non-commit visitors:
- Martin Andrus, 3-star defensive tackle from Los Angeles. Andrus is the No. 20 defensive tackle in the 2017 class and No. 37 prospect from California.
- Trajon Cotton, a 3-star safety from Sacramento, Calif. Cotton is the No. 43 safety in the class and No. 61 prospect from California.
- Deiontae Watts, a 3-star defensive tackle from Plano, Texas. Watts is the No. 23 defensive tackle in the class and No. 48 prospect from Texas.
- Alaric Williams, an Auburn commit and 4-star athlete from Ashville, Ala. He’s the No. 5 athlete in the class and the No. 5 recruit from Alabama.
- Jeremiah Hawkins, a California commit and 3-star athlete from Yorba Linda, Calif. Hawkins is the No. 33 athlete in the 2017 class and No. 50 recruit from California.
- Bookie Radley-Hiles, a 4-star 2018 recruit from Calabasas, Calif., will be on an unofficial visit. He will join Huskers recruit QB Tristan Gebbia in Lincoln this weekend. Radley-Hiles is the No. 8 cornerback in the 2018 class and No. 6 prospect from California.
Another visitor on the Oct. 1 list
A 4-star cornerback from Fresno, Calif., will be in Lincoln for the Illinois game, adding to an already-long visitors list for that one. Jaylon Johnson told 247sports he’ll be in Lincoln on Oct. 1 for an official visit, and that he’s excited for the fan base and environment.
He’s the No. 73 recruit in the country and No. 9 cornerback in the 2017 class.
Nebraska offers 2019 DB
Nebraska offered another 2019 recruit this week, this time a cornerback.
Jalani Williams, from St. Louis, announced the offer from Nebraska on Twitter.
— Jalani Williams9️⃣ (@jalaniw9) September 6, 2016
“I really haven’t had contact with the coaches until when I called the defensive backs coach, Brian Stewart,” Williams told Rivals.com. “It was a good conversation and he was telling me how he liked my highlights so far this season and wants me to get up to a game sometime this season.”
Williams does not have a star rating yet.
- Oregon week over/under’s for you
- Total score: 80.5
- Oregon QB Dakota Prukop total touchdowns: 3.5
- Nebraska total yards: 425.5
- What’s this game mean to Mike Riley? Everything.
- The New York Times wrote about Nebraska this week. Wasn’t super kind, but wasn’t wrong.
- A nice Q&A with Prukop in the Oregonian.
- A really good breakdown of the Oregon offense from the Omaha World-Herald.
- Both defenses will have their hands full Saturday. How Oregon could cause Nebraska troubles, and how Nebraska plans to stifle Oregon.