LINCOLN, Neb. — Nebraska football released its latest depth chart Monday ahead of the Huskers’ matchup with Northern Illinois on Saturday (noon ET, FOX Sports 1).
Some notes from the depth chart:
- No names have been added to the injured list at this time, however that may change before Saturday. Both running back Tre Bryant (knee) and safety Joshua Kalu (hamstring) were injured against Oregon.
- “It’s just who he is” coach Mike Riley said of Bryant. “It’s nothing that’s really happened since he’s been here, but his knee is older than his age. We know how that goes, right?”
- Riley addressed both on Monday, saying Bryant’s injury is nothing new and will continue to be maintained as it has been through fall camp. As for Kalu, he is doubtful for Saturday’s matchup with Northern Illinois.
- David Knevel is still at the No. 1 spot at right tackle. He was unable to play Saturday against Oregon, with Matt Farniok getting the start. According to Riley, that will be the case again this week.
- The “-OR-” has been removed after Bryant’s name, which was still there before the Oregon game. The No. 1 spot is officially his at running back. The battle remains between Mikale Wilbon and Devine Ozigbo for the No. 2 spot.
Nebraska football’s depth chart for Saturday:
— Erin Sorensen (@erinsorensen) September 11, 2017