Minnesota football is recruiting at a high level in P.J. Fleck’s first year with the program, reeling in enough commits in the summer to put his Gophers in the top 40.
Find the latest Minnesota football recruiting news, plus a list of commits and top targets, right here.
Where Minnesota’s 2018 recruiting class ranks
The Gophers are 33th in the 247Sports composite class rankings for 2018 and sixth in the Big Ten. In the Big Ten West, they trail only Wisconsin. All 24 of Minnesota’s commits are 3-star recruits on the 247Sports composite.
Latest news for Minnesota recruiting
Junior college QB Victor Viramontes committed to Minnesota after Demry Croft announced his intent to transfer.
CB Shamaur McDowell decommitted from the Gophers.
Minnesota’s 2018 offers, by the numbers
- Reported offers: 261
- 5-star offers: 2
- 4-star offers: 74
- In-state recruits offered: 5
- Ohio recruits offered: 30
- Georgia recruits offered: 39
- Texas recruits offered: 38
- Florida recruits offered: 34
Minnesota football commits for 2018
- 3-star DE Alex Reigelsperger, Dayton, Ohio
- 3-star QB Victor Viramontes, Norco, Calif.
- 3-star DT Elijah Teague, Chicago
- 3-star CB Terell Smith, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Jornell Manns, Mansfield, Ohio
- 3-star CB Benjamin Sapp III, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- 3-star RB Nolan Edmonds, Atlanta
- 3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglasville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Rashod Bateman, Tifton, Ga.
- 3-star SDE Abi Okonji, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star OG Austin Beier, Toledo, Ohio
- 3-star DT Logan Richter, Perham, Minn.
- 3-star CB Tyrik Henderson, Carol Stream, Ill.
- 3-star SDE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa, Fla.
- 3-star CB C.J. Smith, Neptune Beach, Fla.
- 3-star OT Grant Norton, Camdenton, Mo.
- 3-star WR Erik Gibson, Detroit
- 3-star TE Brevyn Spann-Ford, St. Cloud, Minn.
- 3-star RB Bryce Williams, Sarasota, Fla.
- 3-star OLB Thomas Rush, Marysville, Ohio
- 3-star OT Jack York, Dallas
- 3-star CB Shamaur McDowell, Zephyrhills, Fla.
- 3-star ATH Josh Aune, Saint Paul, Minn.
- 3-star ILB Mariano Sori-Marin, New Lenox, Ill.
- 3-star C Nathan Boe, Lakeville, Minn.
Minnesota’s top 3 uncommitted targets
4-star WR Kamryn Babb, Saint Louis
He’s going to be a long shot. Kamryn Babb has long been considered an Ohio State lean, and Minnesota doesn’t seem to be a huge player in his recruitment. That said, Babb recently suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, which potentially could hurt his status.
4-star-star TE Luke Ford, Carterville, Ill.
Minnesota already has one receiver committed, but Ford would be a huge coup for Fleck and the Gophers.However, Minnesota trails some big programs in Ford’s recruitment: Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and Michigan are just a few.
3-star safety Dallas Craddieth, Florissant, Mo.
It looks as if the Gophers will have to overtake at least one other Big Ten team to get Dallas Craddieth. Iowa, Nebraska, Louisville and Missouri appear to be his lead suitors at the moment.
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: positional breakdown
- QB: 2
- RB 2
- WR: 3
- TE: 1
- OT: 2
- OG: 1
- OC: 1
- DE: 3
- DT: 2
- ILB: 1
- OLB: 2
- CB: 4
- ATH: 1
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: geographical breakdown
- Minnesota: 5
- Georgia: 5
- Ohio: 5
- Florida: 4
- Illinois: 3
- Michigan: 1
- Missouri: 1
- Texas: 1